The SHARED WOOD COMPANY (SWC) is a Nature Based Solutions (NBS) project developer, whose mission is to design, build and operate NBS real assets at scale to tackle biodiversity loss, climate change and rural poverty. SWC specializes in the techniques of preservation and restoration of natural ecosystems to capture carbon for the very long-term, mainly in Latam, Africa and Europe. SWC proposes project development, financing and carbon offset solutions based on nature to its project partners, sponsors, governments, and corporate clients. SWC is in charge of the full project development cycle (design, development, financing, building and operation) and route-to-market, partnering with key private impact investors and corporate partners looking for carbon offsets, biodiversity, and green commodities solutions. SWC builds on the experience of its three founders and its team who combine a strong expertise and proven track record in sustainable tropical agriculture, forestry, and carbon. SWC is also benefiting from AXA IM Alts’ impact investing and project finance capabilities and ENGIE’s expertise in carbon markets and risk management. To support the project development process, we are looking for an Intern to join our Investment team.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a high-quality team and to contribute to the rapid development of SWC. As Investment Analyst Intern, you will be part of the Investment team and you will support the development and monitoring of SWC’s project portfolio.
Topics of engagement will notably include the analysis and design of REDD+ projects, and afforestation/reforestation projects.
Some of your tasks will include:
• Support the Investment team in the project development phase : analysis of investment opportunities, development of business plans, financial modelling, project risk assessment, preparation of market studies, participation to the due diligences and meetings with our sponsors AXA and ENGIE;
• Support the team leaders in the monitoring of SWC’s project portfolio : contribute to financial and operational reporting to SWC’s sponsors, creation and improvement of reporting tools;
Capabilities and experiences
• You are preparing for your last master’s degree year in Economics (Business School, Engineering School, Sciences Po or international equivalents). Background in agronomy/forestry and/or corporate finance/accounting is a plus
• Ability to build business plans with proven financial modeling skills
• Perfect understanding of accounting standards and valuation methodologies
• Good project and time management skills
• Mastering of MS Office suite, including formatting in Word, PowerPoint and Excel skills
• You are autonomous yet collaborative, empathic and open-minded
• Passionate about agroforestry, reforestation, and conservation initiatives
• Excellent and proven written and oral skills in French, English
• Good oral skills in Spanish is a plus
• Experience in developing countries is a plus
Location: This role is located in our office in Paris.
Start date: September 2023 (open to discussion)
Period: 6 months
Internship compensation: open to discussion
Contact: The Shared Wood Company, 16, Rue de l’Arcade, 75008 Paris, France